Unlock iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0.1 with Ultrasn0w 0.93
Apple has just release its latest iOS 4.0.1 firmware for iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G and the unlock tool for these devices went alive immediately. Actually, Apple didn’t update the 05.13.04 baseband in the iOS 4.0.1 so users with iPhone 3G can unlock their device with Ultrasn0w 0.93. This new is confirmed by the iPhone dev team member Musclenerd on Twitter.
You iPhone must be jailbroken in order to unlock it. Use Redsn0w 9.9.5 Beta 5 to jailbreak the iPhone 3G.
Unlock the iPhone 3G device with iOS 4.0.1 using Ultrasn0w 0.93.
1. first go to Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone 3G.
2. tap on the Manage and than on Sources button.
3. Touch on Edit and than on Add.
4. Than add this repo http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and touch on Add Source. (in ultrasn0w, it’s number zero, not letter o)
5. When installation completed, search for Ultrasn0w 0.93 in Cydia and install it.
This tool will unlock your iPhone 3G with iOS 4.0.1. Than reboot the iPhone after the unltrasn0w installation. Now you can use your iPhone 3G device on a different carrier easily.